GATE Energy is a family of companies that provide scalable, fit-for-purpose services for the energy sector including project management, engineering, commissioning, field services, operations and staffing services. Our expertise and knowledge is supported by subject matter experts, proprietary equipment and software across all of the GATE Energy service lines. We want our projects to work right the first time. Small projects. Large projects. Complex projects. Every Project. Every Time.
GATE Energy is looking to hire a Senior Drilling Supervisor to Identify, initiate and implement Technical Limit Drilling activities in the detailed planning and execution phases of assigned well projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain HSE plans to execute drilling and completion/well intervention operations in accordance with GOAL Zero. Accountable for the investigation of incidents and compliance with the incident management requirements.
- Delivery of continuous HSE and Performance improvement through drilling contractor by building and maintaining an effective contract management plan.
- Compliance with Rules, regulations, in operating area.
- Ensure performance delivery of a quality well: in time and in budget, meeting the agreed primary objectives stated in the well functional specification and further worked out in detail in the well design/technical specification.
- Identify, initiate and implement Technical Limit Drilling activities in the detailed planning and execution phases of assigned well projects (Best Practices screening, DWOP, Pre-spud, well section reviews and briefings of rig team and contractors).
- Budget and Cost Control, cost management, reporting in accordance with internal reporting requirements for wells.
- Co-ordinate HAZIDs & risk analyses related to well construction projects.
- To review HSE risk acceptance criteria and specific emergency preparedness requirements for well construction projects and update as required.
- Maintain an overview of all non-conformances which have arisen with regards to specific well construction projects.
- Co-ordinate with the HSEQ focal point, plan and perform HSEQ audits on contractors.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of the HSE case for the well construction project.
- Follow up all incidents and non-conformances.
- Follow up the well specific HSE plan during the operations.
- Co-ordinate the environmental protection activities.
- Co-ordinate regular drilling unit inspections with drilling contractor and service companies, and act on the results of these.
- Co-ordinate rig specific HSE meetings with other operators if and when applicable.
- Ensuring compliance with the Well Construction process. Coordinating the development of a DDP and the information package for Authorities based on the agreed and reviewed WTS.
- Owner of consent application for rig activities, including Safety Case for unit.
- Ensure that the well construction and associated plans and programs are developed and implemented in the most efficient, safe and cost effective manner, taking fully into account all Company and Legislative requirements and regulations, as well as Group guidelines.
- Manage the rig team and contractor staff including the service contractors for the well project.
- Participating in Concept & Design reviews to provide and shares expert knowledge with other members of the Well Delivery team.
- Ensure that rig activities are executed as designed and seeks appropriate approvals for deviations from the objectives.
- Responsible for compliance with HSE requirements, proactively stimulating HSE initiatives to meet targets and the investigation and reporting of incidents.
- Responsible for the execution of activities within the constraints of site specific concurrent operations scripts.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with Asset staff to obtain optimal subsurface support throughout the execution phase of a well.
- Liaise with the Well Delivery Team Leader during the execution phase to support approval process in case of changes (AFE change control).
- Ensure that rig team generates the required reports, including the End Of Well Report (EOWR) to record performance and ensuring that learning points are captured and documented.
- Ensure input of learning into systems/databases, and reviews at regular intervals with other senior WE staff to identify and embed current best practices and standards to be applied.
- Coach and train Well Site Operations Engineers
- Be the focal point for cultural changes in Diversity and inclusiveness
Experience and Education
- Minimum 18 years or more experience in Well Engineering. Proven experience in field operations (as DSV deep offshore operations) not less than 10 years, and in well planning and/or operations engineering.
- Strong contract management, business sense, cost awareness and a commitment to the HSEMS process.
- Well Engineering Round I and Round II or equivalent trade test, W320 and IWCF
- Proven Deepwater supervisory experience
GATE Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Learn more and apply at: http://bit.ly/2TlWnGe