Fantastic opportunity for short term commissioning work based in Spain.
Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We’ve created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time – to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best – for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability
About the job:
Kent is looking for enthusiastic Multi-Discipline Commissioning Technicians. Suitable candidates will have to deal with a range of stresses and enduring environments to deliver a professional service to our customers.
Individuals will work in some of the most challenging and demanding environments. Our industry demands individuals to deliver peak performances continuously. If you are a highly motivated individual who excels through achieving targets and have the ability to work in some of the most demanding environments, then Kent is the company for you.
· Deliver fully client’s expectation on HSE.
· Supervise a team of commissioning technicians.
· Adhere to the Permit to Work procedure and act as a Performing Authority.
· Ensure all mechanical/electrical/instrumentation technicians under their supervision fully understand their duties and the risks associated with them.
· Responsible for the update of mechanical/electrical/instrumentation pre commissioning progress into the project completions system.
· Report progress/status of pre commissioning and commissioning activities in verbal and written reports.
· Carry out line walks of mechanical/electrical/instrumentation line walks and apply process isolations where instructed.
· Carry out mechanical/electrical/instrumentation completion line walks of mechanical and process equipment and compile punch lists in accordance with project specifications.
· Inspect mechanical/electrical/instrumentation and process equipment in line with project specifications.
· Attend and contribute to risk task assessments
· Complete pre commissioning activities for mechanical and process equipment/systems.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Training/Competency Assessors must have the following qualifications
- QCF Level 3 Assessor Qualification or internationally recognized equivalent (this includes the V1/V2 Assessor Qualification or D32/D33 Assessor Qualification)
- Extensive discipline knowledge and past training experience.
· Ability to work on own initiative.
· Ability to work with local and expat labor and liaise with the fabrication contractor.
· Ability to work in a multi discipline group
· Ability to interpret and understand P&IDs, D&IDs, UFDs, PFDs, GA’s
· At least 5 years relevant Oil & Gas Experience
· Compex Certificate
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in either of the following
· Minimum Qualifications are Trade Certificates in either of the following-
· Good command of English with the ability to read & write
• Ability to adapt to new environments and work under pressure
• Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and work well in a team